Ryan T. Grace
Ryan is a Patent Attorney whose practice spans all areas of Intellectual Property including patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, licenses, litigation support and related matters.
Ryan started his practice on the West Coast and is a founding partner of Advent. Shortly after Advent’s formation, Ryan managed Advent to become one of the largest intellectual property law firms in Nebraska. Along with the Midwest, a few markets where Ryan helped develop Advent’s brand include Silicon Valley, Las Vegas, Oregon, Washington, New York, Canada, and London.
Ryan’s intellectual property law practice is principally devoted to management, procurement and protection of intellectual property rights for some of the largest companies in the world. Services associated with Ryan’s practice include patent and trademark drafting, US and international patent and trademark prosecution, technology/trademark searching, technology/trademark monitoring, freedom to operate analysis, due diligence, IP portfolio planning and management, IP licenses and agreements, intellectual property support for dispute resolution and IP docketing services.
Ryan services clients in a wide variety of technology areas. Yet, much of Ryan’s practice is devoted to computer technologies, food technologies, oil and gas technologies, and mechanical technologies. Ryan is currently managing a range of clients from independent businesses to national and international Fortune 500 companies. Ryan has been published in several national and local legal journals. He has spoken at multiple intellectual property seminars and he is an inventor on around 30 patents and patent applications. Ryan is a prior adjunct professor of intellectual property law at Creighton Law School. Ryan is also a Great Plains.
In addition to Ryan’s legal practice, Ryan sits on the boards of several companies, he is the General Partner of a commercial real estate development company, he is a partner in a technology development company that owns several patents and Ryan is actively involved with several community foundations and organizations.
- United States Patent and Trademark Office, Registered Patent Attorney, No. 52,956, Admitted January 28, 2003
- State Bar of Nebraska, Bar No. 22,656, Admitted September 19, 2003 in U.S. Supreme Court of the State of Nebraska, 2003
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eight Circuit and Federal Circuit, 2003
Ryan is an Inventor on over 30 U.S. and international patents related to software technologies, predictive generation, marine technologies, auto-pilot actuation, transport scheduling, GPS technologies, RFID technologies, social networking, location awareness, and fence retention clips.
- Ambassadors, Omaha, Nebraska – Member
- Aksarben Men’s Floor Committee, Omaha, Nebraska – Member
- Creighton Law School, Omaha, Nebraska – Legal Mentorship Program
- Fire Ridge Elementary, Omaha Nebraska – Chair, Committee and Coach
- Fontenelle Forest, Omaha Nebraska – Community Support
- The Garage by Aviture, Omaha, Nebraska – Start-up Mentor Program
- Lauritzen Gardens, Omaha Nebraska – Host
- Memories for Kids, Omaha, Nebraska – Executive, Chair and Sponsor
- Nebraska Athletic Foundation, Lincoln, Nebraska – Directors Club
- Omaha Henry Doorly Zoo, Omaha, Nebraska – Patron
- Pipeline Entrepreneurship Foundation, Kansas City, Kansas – Sponsor
- Rainbow Connection Guild, Omaha Nebaska – President, Chair, Committee and Sponsor
- Straight Shot Innovation Accelerator, Omaha, Nebraska – Mentor and Sponsor
- The Rose Theater, Omaha, Nebraska – Chair, Committees and Sponsor
- Ryan Thomas Grace, Entrepreneurs: Get to Know Pending Design Patent Laws, Silicon Prairie News
- Ryan Thomas Grace et al., The World of Prior Art Under the America Invents Act, The Nebraska Lawyer in Ryan Thomas Grace, The Race has Begun: First-to-File under the America Invents Act is Here, Silicon Prairie News
- Ryan Thomas Grace, The Jabberwalk and the Jubjub Bird – First-to-File Under the America Invents Act, Nebraska Lawyer Magazine n Ryan Thomas Grace, The Jabberwalk and the Jubjub Bird – First-to-File Under the America Invents Act, The E-Counsel Newsletter of Nebraska State Bar Association n Ryan Thomas Grace, Patent Law Updates, B2B – Omaha Magazine
- Ryan Thomas Grace, Shifting From the “Eureka Moment”, Omaha World Herald n Ryan Thomas Grace, All Inventors! The Race is About to Begin. On Your Marks! Get Set! Go…, Nebraska Lawyer magazine
- Ryan Thomas Grace et al., Strategies in the War against Obviousness, IP Law 360 n Ryan Thomas Grace et al., The War Against Obviousness, The Nebraska Lawyer n Ryan Thomas Grace et al., Patent Experts & Claim Construction after Phillips, Nebraska Lawyer Magazine
- Ryan Thomas Grace et al., Potholes in the Road Ahead: The Courts are Reconstructing the Road for Procuring, Marketing and Enforcing Patents, Nebraska Lawyer Magazine
- Ryan Thomas Grace, Losing the Forest Among the Trees – Rationalizing the Doctrine of Equivalents and Prosecution History Estoppel in view of the Historical Justifications for Patent Protection, 11 J. INTELL. PROP. L. No. 2
- Ryan Thomas Grace, Note, Defining the Sprawling Arms of Conspiracy: The United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit Correctly Addressed the “Clean Breast” Doctrine as it Affects Withdrawal From a Conspiracy in United States v. Grimmett, 35 CREIGHTON L. REV. 433.
- IP Issues in International Operations, ConAgra Foods, Inc., Omaha, Nebraska.
- Competitive Intelligence and Trade Secrets, ConAgra Foods, Inc., Omaha, Nebraska.
- Enhancing Innovation Processes to Obtain Valuable Patent Protection, ConAgra Foods, Inc., Omaha, Nebraska.
- 1st Annual Entrepreneurship Conference, Omaha, Nebraska.
- Ryan T. Grace et al, Winning Strategies for Creating and Profiting from IP Assets, Omaha, Nebraska.